Marketing Solutions for Selling Your Home
How it works!
· Step One: Comparative Market Analysis
· Step Two: Preparing Your Home
· Step Three: Marketing Plan
· Step Four: Communication Plan
· Step Five: Transaction Guidance (Contracts, Financing, & Closing)
Your Comparative Market Analysis (CMA)
All "comparable" homes on the MLS and Property Appraiser. Comparable would be defined as similar number of bedrooms, bathrooms, square footage, style (SFH, TH, Condo, Oceanfront), year built, view/location.
- All comparable homes on the MLS and/or Property Appraiser that have been SOLD in your building/community and/or area (5 miles) in the past 3 months, 6 months and/or 1 year
- All comparable homes that are currently ACTIVE for sale on the MLS in your building/community and/or area (5 miles)
- All comparable homes that are PENDING to be sold on the MLS in your building/community and/or area (5 miles)
- Average cost per Living S/F of Sales Price
- Average Days on Market (DOM) in the past year
- % Difference from List Price to Sales Price
- Property Appraiser Total Market Value
Preparing Your Home to Show
- Any appliance or equipment (such as A/C unit and water heater) that is 15 years or older is suggested to replaced.
- Any damage to the home such as water damage to drywall, cracked tile, cracked caulking, non working outlets or fans, tears or bubbling of carpet, cracked or aged paint, scratched or damaged wood flooring, stained mirrors, rust and/or similar aesthetic problems is suggested to be repaired or replaced.
- If kitchen or bathroom(s) has not been remodeled and updated in more than 20 years it is suggested to do so.
- Now is the time to remove any clutter from your home including closets, refrigerator, book shelves, office paper, garage, etc.
- Home should be clean with beds made and dishes put away for all showings.
- Home should have a scented candle or plug in for all showings (fruit such as apple or lemon or clean scent NO floral)
- If furniture is oversized consider rearranging it or putting some of it in storage to maximize the space of the home.
- All single family homes should have curb appeal. Trimmed bushes off the house & windows and maintained grass. No dead vegetation. Welcome doormat. Pressure clean driveway and roof if needed.
- Wash all windows and screens.
- Dust blinds and any artificial plants.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Clean or polish door hardware. Especially front door. If it's in bad shape or broken replace it.
- Vacuum and mop floors.
- Remove personal photos from viewing.
- Store in a secure place any and all valuables or personal items.
- Make sure pets are able to be locked up or removed from property for showings.
- 25 professional photos of your home
- Virtual tour of your home
- Professional full color brochures
- Advertising in the Palm Beach Post Residences
- Advertising in Showcase Homes Magazine
- Monthly post card mailings
- Your home will be featured on the hottest search engines online including: Realtor.com, Zillow, Truilia, Yahoo! Real Estate, Homes.com, Multiple Listings Service (MLS), and my own personal website www.FLWaterfrontProperties.com and Hudson of the Palm Beaches broker website www.Hudson-RealEstate.com
- Monthly email blast campaigns
- Monthly Real Estate Market Reports posted on my website providing all the active listings, pending sales, and recently closed sales and other beneficial information including local, regional, and national housing industry and market conditions and housing trends
- Just Listed post card mailing to your building/community
- If permitted by association will host an open house inviting all the residents in your building/community and local real estate offices/agents
- Will personally show your home or have a qualified agent from my office show your home
- You'll benefit from my professional branding campaign which includes mailings and emails to past customers, friends & family and colleagues
- Promote your property at Hudson Realty of the Palm Beaches, Inc. monthly sales meetings
- Will promote & distribute brochures of your home to other local agents and brokers and follow-up on all showings
- Marketing plan timetable that will include dates for activity including but not limited to professional photos, online promotion on MLS and Realtor.com, property brochures, post card mailings, email blast campaigns, open house, advertising dates, and local broker office visits.
- As needed, progress reports will be emailed or phone calls to you with an update on the status of the sale of your home. This update will include when available a list of interested buyers, agent/broker feedback, any newly active, pending or sold listings from the MLS that are comparable, changes in market climate, and upcoming marketing efforts such as post card mailing, email blast, open house, and/or advertising.
- I will present all offers promptly and assist you with reviewing them.
- Once your home is under contract I will call and/or email you with the most up-to-date information regarding inspections, appraisals, buyer’s loan approval, attorney & title details, and the closing process as soon as I receive it.
- I promise to return any phone calls, text messages or emails within 24 hours.
- I will be present at the closing to celebrate with you!
Transaction Guidance: Contracts, Financing & Closing
- Prequalify when possible all prospective buyers
- Request from potential buyers proof of funds on cash offers and/or pre-qualification letter from bank on financed offers
- Contact lender to look into the legitimacy of the qualifications of the buyer to purchase your home
- Ensure all offers represent your highest interests and all contracts and disclosures/riders/addendums are legally binding and properly executed
- Negotiate the terms of the sales contract
- Most offers will require some negotiating to come to a mutually fair agreement. Jackie is experienced in understanding the complexities of the Florida Real Estate contracts and will protect your best interests throughout the negotiating process. Jackie is also familiar with all the contract clauses, riders and addendums, what you will net from the sale, and what terms of the contract are simple to negotiate. Jackie will evaluate the written offer with you and make sure you understand what terms are being offered. Keep in mind that negotiating is not seller take all; it’s a business dealing that requires compromise and fairness.
- Oversee all escrow deposit(s), appraisal, survey, inspections, repairs, mortgage process, condo/home owner association application, attorney communication, title, and/or contract re-negotiation to ensure timely and successful closing
- Ensure escrow deposits are properly allocated to Title, review your closing statement with all your closing costs broken down, and ensure the loan package has been sent from the bank to Title.
- Final walk-thru
- Collect all door keys, garage clickers, community keys, mailbox keys, warranty agreements, and manuals
- Prepare to transfer or cancel all utilities, cable, internet, etc. on the property
- Congratulations on the successful sale of your home!